6 Reasons Romance Rules at The Alfond Inn
1) WHERE ADULTS DO ORLANDO: The Alfond Inn at Rollins in Winter Park is just 20 minutes and another world away from Orlando, yet close enough to allow one’s inner child to visit the parks and attractions and make it back to the hotel for cocktail time.
2) HAPPY HOUR ART TOURS: The Alfond Inn at Rollins is the only hotel in the United States that’s an extension of an art museum. The hotel displays a rotating installation of works from The Alfond Collection of Contemporary Art from the nearby Cornell Museum of Fine Arts at Rollins College. Curator-led Happy Hour Tours of the collection take place the first Wednesday of every month. Happy Hour in the bar starts at 4:30 pm, the tour starts at 5:30 pm.
3) FINE FLORIDA DINING: Hamilton’s Kitchen champions Florida products and Chef Stephen Doyle’s menus feature seasonal specialties and popular favorites. Think brunch comfort food like hot honey chicken biscuits and Florida shrimp and grits. Dinners get creative with cashew nut-crusted citrus grouper and Moroccan-style braised lamb shank with chickpea stew. The Lounge menu offers classic tastes for casual dining, such as a Rollins Burger or Irish Mac and cheese, where Chef Doyle blends Irish cheddar with fresh lump blue crab meat.
4) AWARD WINNING WINES: The cellar at Hamilton’s Kitchen recently received the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence in 2018. There’s also a wide range of cocktails and craft beers.
5) SWIM, SIP & SOCIALIZE: The rooftop deck is a welcome aerie for a dip or for sitting poolside with a good book or a cocktail. One of the hallmarks of a stay at The Alfond Inn at Rollins is that guests quickly feel at home in the spacious indoor and outdoor public spaces, where they mingle with Winter Park locals at the bar or gathered around the courtyard fire pit.
6) STROLL IN WINTER PARK: Winter Park is renowned for being the most charming and walkable city in all of Florida. The main street, Park Avenue, is two blocks away, an avenue of fashionable boutiques, sidewalk cafés, galleries and restaurants. Three major art museums are within strolling distance.
CELEBRATION IN THE PARK PACKAGE
- One night stay in a classic room (double occupancy).
- Dinner for two in Hamilton’s Kitchen.
- Specialty cake for two.
- One chilled bottle of champagne in the room.
- Rates start at $239 per room, per night.
- Taxes are extra and the package is based on availability.